What do you want for Christmas?
Just under three weeks to go until Christmas and our excitement is building up. We all enjoy the Christmas decorations adorning the shops and streets and we are now inclined to wiggle to Christmas jingles or sing along to carols, which was not the case in November. Minced pies, mulled wine all add to the festive mood. There is something special about December, once the 1st hits, the excitement starts to build. Our theory is that the 1st December advent calendar is responsible for this. Those childhood years of opening that 1st chocolate has somehow become part of our Christmas DNA. As the team munched through a pile of mince pies, some bright spark asked the essential question. Have you ordered your turkey? No. None of us had ordered a turkey. This led to further questions; Have you put up your tree? Have you bought the Christmas cards? Have you bought any presents? No No and No came the unanimous reply. At this point, a sense of panic hit some faces, the mince pies stopped tasting so good as our stomachs churned with the realisation that there is so much to do before the 25th. Deep breadth everyone. There are still 18 days to go. Lets have some fun and make a list of the things that we would want for Christmas. To raise our spirits we drew up our list of wants for Christmas. By sharing our lists, we would get ideas for presents for our nearest and dearest. Here are the top ten items the Reina de Santiago® team have on their wish list, our ideas range from big to small and from luxe to essential. Hope our list inspires you.
1) Linda in silver or gold from Aquazurra. We are in lurve…….need these….want these…….must have these
2) The Reina de Santiago Clutch. Ideal for pepping up your look.
3) A black felt Fedora hat. There are lots of variations of these available. Our go to hat maker Christine can rustle up one of these at the throw of a hat. Excuse the pun.
4) A set of jewellery from Valerie Christina. This designer was recently featured in vogue, her designs have caught our eye. Matching one of the pieces with an outfit would be DOPE
5) The Reina de Santiago caplet perfect for spicing up any cocktail dress
6) Silk pyjamas from Pearl and Silk
7) Diane Tanzanite Ladies cuff links from Miss Links
8) The Reina de Santiago “constellation” classic tailored shirt
9) The forty rules of love by Elif Shafak
10) Bernina 720 sewing machine. Everyone in the Reina de Santiago team sews. We agree, this machine is the “Bentley” of sewing machines. It will never dissapoint.
Wish list done, spirits raised, bring it on December!